We can support you if you have a sight loss, hearing loss or combined sight and hearing loss.
On receipt of a referral, our professional and experienced team will offer you an assessment to understand your needs and provide appropriate support and advice.
Here are some examples of the support we could provide you:
• Daily living skills training and advice to maintain independence in the home.
• Demonstration and advice on specialist sensory equipment
• Lighting and low vision assessments
• Rehabilitation and mobility training indoors and outdoors
• Environmental assessment and advice on adaptions and equipment
• Support with developing communications skills
• Advice and signposting to social activities and voluntary groups
If you would like to talk to us about ways in which we might be able to help you please do not hesitate to contact us using our contact details below. We would be happy to discuss your needs and give advice or information.
If you would like to be referred for service from our team please contact Social Care Direct. Their contact details are also below.
The Essex Cares Sensory Service aims to support those with a sensory loss to maintain their independence and dignity in every aspect of daily life.
We can provide holistic assessments and appropriate support to the individual and those around them who may also be affected by a sensory loss.
We will also seek to raise awareness of the needs of those with a sensory loss with everyone we meet.
Referrals via Social Care Direct:
Tel: 0845 603 7630
Text phone: 01206 266 024
Fax: 0845 601 6230
SMS: 07786 125 619
Contact our Sensory Service:
Tel: 01245 256 380
Text Phone: 01245 261 715
Fax: 01245 475 722
SMS: 07921 397 547
0845 835 0150