Essex Floating Support
Pointing you in the right direction
This Service is FREE
This service covers the whole of Essex and provides a short-term support service where we visit people in their homes. The support is for people who are experiencing a range of problems maintaining their current home or accessing housing that meets their needs. This service is available to people regardless of what kind of accommodation they live in and supports people who want to develop and improve their ability to live independently.
What does the Essex Floating Service do?
The service is split into three different sections:
- Gateway Service – gives information, guidance and access to the support service.
- Early Intervention Service – provides an urgent response to people in immediate need of housing-related support. It can deal with a crisis such as being at risk of losing your home.
- Holistic Service – provides flexible, short-term, outcome focused support to vulnerable people and helps to develop skills to live more independently.
Who can access the service?
The service is for people living in Essex who are homeless, at risk of becoming homeless or require support to live independently within the community.
The support is also available to people who may need support around one of these areas:
- Young people
- Families who need support
- Physical or sensory problems
- Learning difficulties
- HIV and AIDS
- Mental Health issues
- Older people
- Drug or alcohol issues
- Linking in with specialist health services
- Escaping violence and harassment
- Previously been imprisoned, or at risk of offending or re-offending.
The service offers fair access and equal treatment regardless of gender, disability, race, marital status, age, sexual orientation, nationality or religious belief.
What will the Essex Floating Support service help with?
Support staff can help with things like:
- Applying for more suitable accommodation
- Dealing with neighbourhood issues
- Understanding your tenancy agreement
- Assisting with letters and forms
- Maximising benefits
- Managing debt and budgeting
- Assisting with court and eviction notices
- Managing physical or mental health issues
- Accessing local groups or services
Who does Essex Floating Support not provide a service to?
This service cannot provide personal care services or provide support to anyone whose behaviour or lifestyle presents an unacceptably high risk to staff.
Who will provide the Essex Floating Support service?
Depending on where you live, the support will be provided by either Family Mosaic or One Housing Group.
Family Mosaic overs South and West Essex – Basildon, Brentwood, Castle Point, Epping Forest, Harlow, Rochford and Uttlesford.
Essex, SS13 3DU
Tel: 0800 288 8883
Text: 88020 – FMSUPPORT (space) then message
One Housing Group covers North and Mid Essex – Braintree, Chelmsford, Colchester, Maldon and Tendring.