Rascal Bay in Brentwood has probably got to be the best adventure golf course in the area. it’s so much fun.
The course is built next to the Brentwood public golf course and set in the middle of beautiful parkland – King George’s Playing Fields (See below).
The large 18 hole course is well designed with many fun aspects including, on two holes, little lagoons where the kids really enjoy pulling the family across to the other side on the floating rafts. They also enjoy using the nets to fish out the rouge balls that end up in the water.
The adventure encounters many different themes including Pirates, Cannons, an octopus, Snakes, Skulls, a Cannibal’s cooking pot, a crashed jeep, Rocks, a volcano, Dinosaurs, Waterfalls, Dinosaur eggs, a Treasure Chest, Crocodiles and two Rafts that the kids love!
Each hole has a unique challenge, some are a bit testing and tricky, including obstacles as well as dipped and raised grounds so there is lots of variety.
Although there are 18 holes there is also an extra one to try and win a free game.
After a game or two of adventure golf, you could then go into King George’s Park which has plenty to keep the kids occupied.
- A large supervised paddling pool /splash park(£2 per child to use the pool which is kept lovely and clean).
- Free Parking
- A huge adventure playground with something for most age groups (a section for younger children and a section for the older children).
- A Skate Park
- A Play Fort, Zip Line and Sand Pit.
- Beautifully laid out gardens.
- Café & toilets
- Lovely walks on the pathways or across the grass
- A Bowling Green
- Beautiful flower beds and shrubs that are well maintained and add to the overall look of the park
- Lovely lake to sit and have a picnic.
- A lovely sensory garden which was set up predominantly for the blind, but is also good for autistic children.
- Nearby woodland.
- Lot’s of space to run around and picnic and a great location for roller skates, bikes and skateboards.