As well as regular Wednesday afternoon opening hours from 1 pm until 1.40pm, they are also open on some Saturday’s and during the school holidays for special events and exhibitions. Have a look at the events section on their website to see what’s coming up soon. The Essex Police Museum is free and there is plenty to see and do:
- Discover more about the history of Essex Police from 1840 to the present day.
- Go back in time and feel what it was like to have been locked in a Victorian cell.
- Learn about how Essex Constabulary was formed and how Essex Police evolved to what it is today.
- Touch the Police objects and try on the Uniform.
- There’s even the opportunity to try on the handcuffs.
- Examine evidence from real crime murder stories.
- Join in the museum trail and have a go at fingerprinting.
There’s so much to do at the Essex Police Museum! Essex police museum aims to preserve the history of policing in Essex whilst making learning fun. The museum which is a charity has lots of craft activities and events throughout the year for all ages.