From Monday 6 July 2020 the public conveniences in Harlow town park, adjacent to Pets’ Corner, will reopen.
The council has been working with HTS (Property & Environment) Ltd to reopen the toilets in a way that ensures public safety and to help to prevent the spread of coronavirus (Covid-19) in line with current government guidance. The disabled toilet and gold standard changing places facility will also both be back in operation.
The toilets will operate seven days a week between the hours of 10 am and 4.30 pm with the following measures in place to protect the safety of users:
- 2 hourly cleaning will take place of all toilets on site, including disabled and changing places facilities – toilets will be closed briefly during this time
- ‘one in, one out’ system so that only one individual or family group use the facility at one time, maintaining social distancing
- Male and female designations for the toilets have been suspended so that both blocks can be used by all and ensure queues move as quickly as possible (disabled facilities continue to operate on the radar key system)
- Queuing system in place with 2m markers – the queue for main toilet block will run past the walled gardens, for disabled facilities queuing is on pathway leading to Park Lane
- Installation of paper towel dispensers
Visitors to the facilities are encouraged to use hand sanitiser directly before and after using the facilities.
The arrangements put in place follow government guidance issued on public conveniences on 28 June 2020.